Specular Interactive is on a mission to create truly fun and exciting game experiences no matter if they are in the arcade, at home or on the go. We are also intent on having a blast while doing it.
We are looking for an experienced Unreal Engine General Art Lead with a deep knowledge of asset creation/integration, level building, lighting, and integrating character animation, as well as a desire and knowhow to work as a key member of an amazing development team to produce great games and interactive experiences.
You will be working in beautiful Orange County with one of the best and most experienced teams in the gaming industry.
- Work with the design, art, and programming teams to generate level content and cinematics in UE4.
- Oversee the pipeline of both internal and outsourced asset integration into the project, including props, characters, and animations.
- Assembling a polished, dynamic environment complete with particle effects and dramatic lighting.
- Work closely with other team leads and other team members to build and deliver the best interactive gaming experience possible.
- Identify and solve performance and visual problems.
- Research and self-educate to acquire new knowledge necessary to perform assigned tasks and maintain the company’s creative and technical evolution.
- 3-4+ years of professional game industry experience as an Artist.
- 1+ year professional experience as an Artist using Unreal.
- Strong creative and technical art skills.
- Strong 3dsMax experience required.
- Ability to convert/’clean up’ assets for integration into Unreal.
- Track record of assembling gorgeous levels or cinematics.
- UE4 experience is a strong plus.
- Versatility! The Art Lead will need to be able to touch all aspects of the visual experience…and more!