Nix Hydra makes magical, colorful and friendly games. Our debut game, Egg Baby, has been downloaded more than 11 million times worldwide and is mostly popular with teen girls. After 2 years of setting the foundation (and making dough!) we are ready to go through our growth spurt, and are seeking aware, brave, and team-oriented individuals to join us on our egg-cellent adventure as we break boundaries and explore frontiers.
Nix Hydra Games is seeking a UI/UX artist to join our team! The qualifying person will be a key member for two teams. This is the perfect opportunity for someone who loves working with small teams and being in a productive and collaborative work environment.
We expect everyone on the team to be proactive and take great pride in their craft.
The proper candidate must also be passionate for or enjoy making games of any genre for a heavily female oriented target audience.
UI Artists will:
- Concept, wire frame, flesh out, and polish front end and in-game interfaces
- Create animations, transitions, and effects with After Effects, Flash, Photoshop (or equivalent) to be used in game or as reference to programmers.
- Generate game ready assets from source that adhere to strict development guidelines.
- Be familiar with general optimization and exporting guidelines
- Be an expert with mobile UI patterns, and follow current trends in game and application interfaces.
- Be knowledgeable of common usability guidelines, and always have the player's experience in mind when designing.
- Be able to match different artistic styles while being able to also contribute your own unique vision
- We expect artists we hire to be versatile, open minded, and communicative. You will be working closely with the creative director, Art Director, artists, designers and modelers, and should be familiar with all areas of game development. You don’t have to be a designer, an audio engineer, or a programmer; you just have to be able to work and communicate with them.
- Measure twice, cut once. We believe in planning and so should you. You will be required to review GDDs and write ADDs that provide detailed work breakdowns and time estimates. You must think ahead about what assets you are creating, how long it will take, how it fits with everything else in the game, and plan accordingly.
- Meet regularly with creative director, Art Director, designers, and artists for planning and review. This will involve taking constructive criticism and knowing how and when to assimilate feedback from peers.
- 5+ years of relevant schooling/experience OR
- 2+ year of professional UI/UX design and digital art experience.
- Photoshop fluency
- Illustrator skill
- Flash skill
- After Effects (or equivalent) skill
Here are some of the perks you’ll be enjoying at Nix Hydra:
- 4 day work week. We get Mondays off and work 10 hours per day Tuesdays through Fridays.
- Unlimited vacations. Just give everyone a proper heads up, and be considerate of deadlines.
- A helpful & collaborative team. Work with people who love what they do and are happy to pitch in with ideas.
- Monthly game/arts and crafts nights with the best tacos in town.
Be sure to apply to us directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org. DO NOT APPLY THROUGH GAMASUTRA. Please send your resume and a brief, but thoughtful, cover letter. (hint: you will do better if your cover letter sounds like a human, not a job hunting robot)