PC / Windows, Playstation 3, Xbox 360
UI Motion Design Artist
UI Motion Design Artist
Visual Concepts Entertainment, the developers of critically acclaimed NBA2K franchise is seeking UI/Graphic Design talent to join our talented studio in Novato, northern California. We’ve earned back-to-back metacritic scores of 90+ for several years and we’ve only been looking upwards. If you are a motion designer who knows the importance of visual communications using motion, and you want to find ways to see your designs organically develop into dynamic 3D motion graphics, we think you should do us a favor and contact us! Oh and, no we don’t always just use metallic chrome in sports.
- Using Maya to implement UI and motion graphics into the game engine.
- Work closely with the Art Director and leads to design creative assets for proposals.
- Turn loose static designs into a moving masterpiece using our advanced game shaders.
- Work with Art Director/Lead Artist to ensure artistic unity with the entire project
- Focuses on creative quality, speed and accuracy with a strong emphasis on design.
- Having a flexible approach and able to re-prioritize based on the needs of the production pipeline is key. Main priorities will include producing creative mockups for proposals, and creating assets for in-game.
- Notice modern TV broadcast style trends to adapt and push them further.
- Know how to take and offer constructive criticism. Ability to take direction well.
- Interface with design and engineering to implement final art into the game engine.
- Comfortable working with Maya or similar 3D animation application.
- Education in Graphic Design or related discipline.
- Minimum of 1-2 years experience in design and production for motion graphics.
- Skills in all programs: Photoshop, After Effects. Premiere, Maya or equivalent.
- An eye for typography, print and video and how these translate to motion graphics.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple projects and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Be able to Concept and Design moodboards for different teams and producers
- Organize assets and create dynamic animations.
- Use appropriate motion design techniques.
- Perform several projects simultaneously but maintaining the quality of the work.
- Organized and detailed. File and material names mean a lot to you.
- Able to respond elegantly to difficult creative changes, often late in the process
- Self-Motivated towards solving creative problems
- Practicing knowledge of hard surface modeling, after effects animation and compositing, flash prototyping a huge plus.
- Knowledge of any scripting language a huge plus.
- 2+ years game industry experience using perforce and testtrackpro. Troubleshooting.
- Illustration or Fine Art Background
- Watches any league sport
- Is an avid gamer. we make games and we also play them!
To Apply- https://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH09/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=GAMES2K&cws=38&rid=709
Apply for this job
All applicant profiles are saved in the Resume Database. Privacy settings can be adjusted here.
Friends Who Might Be Interested