You know when it’s bad… and you probably don’t even think about it when it’s really good… but we’d like you to think about it now. Insomniac Games is looking for a talented User Interface Designer to be responsible for all design elements and functionality of User Interface for us, and our games. Check it out!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Designs logic, layout, and flow of all in game User Interface (UI) including: HUD, Menus, and Lobby
• Works closely with artist(s) to determine presentation of UI
• Collaborates with designers, artists and programmers on UI designs
• Responsible for implementing and scripting all parts of the UI, including all frontend menus and in-game elements
• Works closely with Localization Coordinator to ensure that the UI accommodates demands by all supported territories
• Assists with any design overflow (replay plan, mini-games, etc.)
• Other duties may be assigned
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Highly Proficient at ActionScript 2.0 and 3.0, Adobe Flash.
• Strong grasp of MS Word, Visio, Excel and Adobe Illustrator, and Photoshop.
• Experience with programming is a plus.
Other Skills: Strong communication skills. Self-directed and ability to work independently. Highly familiar with online/multiplayer games and lobby designs. Art, layout, and graphic design experience is a plus. Familiarity with usability testing and ability to interpret results a plus.
If this sounds like the spot for you – then we’d love to see your application. Please use the link below, and we look forward to seeing your work. Thanks!