Do you have a passion for UI? In this role you will play a key role in shaping the user experience for our upcoming games. The User Interface Artist will interface with the Art, Design, and Programming teams to establish functional and attractive interfaces for computer games and our company website. UI Artists are responsible for creating fully interactive menu systems and game interface UI that push the limits of 2D and/or 3D and enhances the overall aesthetic of the project.
- The UI Artist must demonstrate a broad range of skills and abilities, including core graphic design competencies (composition and layout, typography, color and light), drawing and painting using Photoshop.
- Must have the ability to conceptualize, present, and execute ideas within a schedule, while actively participating in technical and artistic problem solving.
- Successful User Interface Artists are able to quickly understand custom toolsets and deliver assets within the confines of real time engine constraints and programming demands. Strong technical background is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of Photoshop is required.
- Familiarity with Scaleform and/or Flash is a huge plus.
- Strong knowledge of design as it relates to user-interface and ergonomics.
- Previous industry experience and a passion for games is a huge plus.
- Knowledge of 3D Studio Max is a plus.
Applicants must submit a resume and art samples viewable via website to firstname.lastname@example.org.