BioWare Austin is home to the critically acclaimed and award winning Star Wars®: The Old Republic™ (SWTOR) massively multiplayer online game (MMO). After the hugely successful addition of its Free 2 Play option and the highly praised launch of space PVP with the Galactic Starfighter expansion, the Austin team is driving forward with SW:TOR while also hard at work on several unannounced projects. Apply today and learn about the exciting opportunities at our Studio. It’s an amazing time to come and work with us!
BioWare Austin is seeking a full-time Contract UI Artist to join our Austin team. The Contract UI Artist will work with the Art Director and Lead Artists in establishing and extending the look and feel of the UI for Star Wars: The Old Republic.
Note: This is a full-time, contract, on-site position for up to 12 months. No relocation will be provided.
- Develops, and leads the creation of UI design, interaction prototypes, artwork, and motion design to meet design goals and support the look and feel
- Works with the Art Director and art team in defining and communicating the visual language of the interface
- Can work to an existing style template seamlessly
- Specs out art tasks and generates time estimates when needed
- Works closely with the design team to execute their UI needs and provide visual polish as needed
- Works on icons for use in the UI
- Anticipates issues and is proactive in developing solutions
- Utilizes internal tools and procedures and works with engineering to meet technical requirements
- Maintains flexibility to assist with special projects as needed
- 2-5 years’ experience as a UI Artist in a high-tech environment, including some experience in games
- Must be a strong artist/illustrator and an even stronger sense of design
- Is an expert with Photoshop
- Experience with Flash and/or ScaleForm is a definite plus
- Has a positive attitude and enjoys working on a team
- Ability to receive and respond appropriately to critiques from all members of the development team
- Challenges self to raise the bar on his/her own work and that of the company
- Strong ability to communicate ideas visually and in writing
- High school diploma (or equivalent) required
- College degree in Art, Animation, Design, or related field preferred
UX experience strongly desired