Cryptic Studios is currently seeking a Tools Engineer. We are seeking sharp, motivated people to join our team and work on Massive Multiplayer Online (MMO) games.
Located in Northern California in Los Gatos, we offer the fun, focused, and casual atmosphere of a small developer. We actively balance our work with the personal lives of our employees. At Cryptic, we look for people who have passion for what they do and work well in teams to create and operate fun and challenging online games.
Every day you could be:
• Working closely with Designers, Animators and Artists.
• Collaborating with other incredible engineers to build reliable systems and powerful tools used by designers and artists to create fantastic virtual worlds and game play.
• Working in a large, custom client and server game engine and tool suite - extending it, and making it more robust.
• Upgrading our workflow to provide better content for customers.
• Extending existing systems to adapt to the ever-changing needs of a massively multiplayer game.
What we need to see:
• The ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
• Extremely proficient in C programming and debugging.
• Ability to take a large existing code base and mold it to your will – with the appropriate amount of fear and respect that this takes.
• A care for customer experience.
• A love for video games.
• 4-year degree required (or equivalent experience in relevant field).
What we’d like to see:
• Been part of developing at least 1 product, working on tools.
• 2 or more years of experience
Must be eligible to work in the United States
Apply Online At: www.crypticstudios.com