Tools Programmer – Turtle Rock Studios
Join our exceptional development team as a Tools Programmer on a game targeting next generation hardware. The job will include writing plugins for common art production tools, adding features to the toolset used to create game levels, maintaining the build process, and writing new tools to help automate tasks. The employee will be working with all members of the team to facilitate their development needs. The successful candidate will work on a team of 12 programmers on a project which has about 65 developers in total.
• Listen to and understand the needs of the content creation staff
• Maintain and extend existing tools
• Extend or modify toolset to meet the needs of the project
• Author and maintain a strong, fast build process.
• Integrate various tools w/ source control and with other tools
• Strong communication and team problem solving skills
• Proficiency in C#, C/C++ and Microsoft Visual Studio
• Familiar with Photoshop, 3d Studio Max and XSI
• Experience with writing shell scripts and/or other tools to automate tasks
• Rapid problem-solving and firefighting skills
• Understanding of different data and file formats and the tradeoffs between
• Prior experience shipping a multiplatform title
• Previous work on Multiplayer Action Games and FPS's a plus
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science or Engineering
• Experience with LUA
About Turtle Rock Studios:
In 2002 a small group of like-minded industry vets got together and formed Turtle Rock Studios.
Turtle Rock worked with Valve on some great content for the Counter-Strike universe, including Counter-Strike: Condition Zero and Counter-Strike: Source. The team then went on to create the hit game for the PC and Xbox 360, "Left 4 Dead".
Turtle Rock Studios is working on its latest game and is looking for talented, experienced and motivated people to join them in their brand new offices in Lake Forest, CA.
If you're looking for a new opportunity that will allow you to make a real contribution to the next big AAA game, we want to hear from you.
Turtle Rock Studios team members enjoy excellent compensation and benefits, including a phenomenal profit sharing program, paid health care plan, flexible work schedule, generous paid time off, and a fun, casual work environment.
To Apply - email@example.com