Founded in 1998, Retro Studios is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nintendo Company, Ltd. Retro is a state-of-the-art game development studio, working in conjunction with Nintendo to bring award-winning games to Nintendo's cutting-edge next-generation platforms. Retro Studios is located in beautiful Austin, Texas. With rolling hills, scenic waterways, abundant wildlife, vibrant music and film scenes, and a laid-back cosmopolitan culture, Austin is a dynamic city with an excellent quality of life. Austin's sunny weather also supports a great range of outdoor activities, providing plenty of venues for top-notch game developers to recharge and unwind.
Individual contributor that designs, implements, tests and maintains tools for a broad range of functions.
- Generally responsible for the significant portion of a larger system
- Develops, maintains, and supports primary Windows PC applications and libraries necessary for creation of video games
- Identifies and proposes solutions for content creation bottlenecks
- Works with tool users and other engineers to determine tools requirements
- Participates in creating standards, frameworks and libraries for internal tools
- Periodically performs technical review of current tools to identify deficiencies
- Reviews new technologies for possible use by the team
- May work directly on video game projects as necessary to meet Studio commitments
- Documents and trains other engineers and content creators on the use of system for which he/she has responsibility
- Works with other engineers to formulate solutions to problems that either he/she or they may implement
- Identifies and proposes solutions to problems as they become apparent
- Usually establishes domain expertise in one or more specializations
*This job description outlines primary duties and requirements and is not intended to identify all tasks that may be performed; individuals occupying the position may be required to perform other duties. The company may modify job duties from time to time, either in practice or in writing.
- Experience in development of applications, libraries, and plugins for video game content creation
- Background in object-oriented design and software engineering methodologies
- Industrial experience in programming languages, such as C/C++, C#, .NET API, WPF, event programming, application programming, and multi-threaded programming
- Perforce administration preferred
- Strong math and physics skills
- Effective organization, analytical and problem solving skills
- 3+ years’ experience
Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field required, or specific experience video game programming
Applications can be accepted at: https://nintendo.taleo.net/careersection/10000/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=140000004A
We are an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.... valuing diversity…. celebrating strengths.