Founded in 1998, Retro Studios is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nintendo Company, Ltd. Retro is a state-of-the-art game development studio, working in conjunction with Nintendo to bring award-winning games to Nintendo's cutting-edge next-generation platforms. Retro Studios is located in beautiful Austin, Texas. With rolling hills, scenic waterways, abundant wildlife, vibrant music and film scenes, and a laid-back cosmopolitan culture, Austin is a dynamic city with an excellent quality of life. Austin's sunny weather also supports a great range of outdoor activities, providing plenty of venues for top-notch game developers to recharge and unwind.
Description of Duties:
- Tools Engineers are responsible for developing, maintaining and supporting the proprietary Windows PC applications and libraries necessary for the creation of Retro Studios' games.
- Additionally, they are expected to identify and propose solutions for content creation bottlenecks.
- Tools Engineers are still members of the main Engineering Team and are expected to work on the current project as necessary to meet studio commitments.
- Experienced in development of applications, libraries and plugins for game content creation.
- Works with tool users and other engineers to determine tool requirements, then implements, documents, maintains and improves these tools.
- Participates in creating standards, frameworks and libraries for internal tools.
- Periodically performs technical review of current tools to identify deficiencies.
- Periodically reviews new technologies for possible use by the team.
Summary of Requirements:
- C++, C#, .NET API, WPF, event-based programming, application programming, multi-threaded programming.
- Experience with one or more of the following: SQL, WCF, C#/C++ interop, Maya API/MEL.
- Prior experience developing Windows applications and tools in C# using the .NET API required. Prior experience developing applications in C++ required.
- Effective organization, communication, analysis and problem solving skills required.
- Background in object-oriented design, event-based and multi-threaded programming and PC application engineering methodologies required.
- 1-5 years' experience in game tools or related industry preferred. Prior experience developing video game tools preferred.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field required, or equivalent experience.
** Applications and resumes will only be accepted through Nintendo's website (click on the word to apply) as we no longer accept paper, faxed, or emailed resumes.
We are an equal opportunity employer valuing diversity. . .. . .celebrating strengths.