Blizzard Entertainment is looking for an expert test manager. This professional test leadership position is accountable for the quality, coordination, and compliance of test effort across multiple teams towards the release of new exciting Blizzard products. The ideal candidate is an inspirational leader who is able to maximize value in testing and communicate messages about a product’s readiness in a professional manner.
- An influential leader that drives collaborative commitment to quality across Blizzard Entertainment.
- An experienced expert and coach in both established and developing test techniques.
- Effective management of the cost of quality while maintaining or increasing quality output.
- Oversee and coordinate all cross team test planning, execution, control, and closure phases for the global release.
- Aggregate global test plans into a cohesive test schedule and maintain it through all test phases.
- Work with external vendors to enhance test coverage and capability.
- Manage the consistency and effectiveness of the test leadership team’s KPIs.
- Justify and assist in acquisition of key resource allocation including test capability and environments.
- Develop and maintain outstanding business relationships with all test stakeholders.
- Prioritize and schedule test efforts with stakeholder buy-in against competing initiatives.
- Create and control ROI metrics on automation tools and associated testware.
- Keep all team tools and testware up to date and within service standards.
- Deliver executive-worthy “State of the product” presentations at each test phase.
- Utilize department process improvement models to improve the test team’s capabilities and standards.
- A minimum of 7 years’ in a leadership role for testing
- Experience in bridging test efforts of leaders across internal and external teams
- Proven experience managing external testing and vendor contracts
- Expert judgment to mix and time test strategies to achieve results within business constraints
- Capable leading testing in all SDLC environments
- Professional written and oral communication skills, inspirational leader, great coach and mentor
- Passionate about both testing and games
- Master’s degree in a related field
- ISTQB advanced or expert certifications
- Scrum certification