Blizzard Entertainment is looking for an experienced test engineer to join our world class test team. This position focuses on white box and automated testing for our games and support applications. The ideal candidate is highly technical, curious about how systems work, and has a proven commitment to quality.
- Work with Development and quality assurance to create test plans and test strategies for products.
- Analyze design, and source code to determine needed test hooks.
- Use and modify existing test harnesses and scripts to implement automated tests.
- Perform manual testing as needed to augment automated testing.
- Design additional test tools to optimize test coverage.
- Analyze test coverage to create risk reports for strategic product review.
- Investigate test failures and determine root-causes.
- Write clear and concise bug reports, verify bug fixes.
- Mentor junior test engineers.
- Gather feedback for and implement continuous test improvement.
- BS degree in computer science, math, or engineering with 3 years of relevant work experience (in lieu of degree, 5 years of relevant work experience)
- A minimum of 2 years’ professional C++ and/or C# programming experience
- Shipped at least one AAA title in a programming or technical testing position
- Expert on software test fundamentals and methodologies
- Understands how to create effective stress and performance tests and analyze the results
- Familiar with testing MySQL, MS-SQL, or Oracle databases
- Can use a debugger to analyze test failures and find root causes
- Deep understanding of testing during all parts of the software life cycle
- Experience testing on multiple platforms
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Passion for video games and software quality
- Advanced software testing certification
- Specialized testing knowledge, such as security or privacy testing
- Console testing experience
- Experience with Scrum