The Technology Producer will work with directly with programmers and studio leadership to help define, execute, and deliver technically challenging efforts to meet the needs of our unique productions.
The ideal candidate will have strong project management skills, technical proficiency, and proven experience working with programmers to deliver high quality tools and robust engine features.
- Along with technical leadership, help coordinate programming efforts on multiple small to medium scale projects to keep the development on schedule and to specification
- Work to document a feature roadmap for the engine, tools, and technical processes
- Collaborate with programmers, executive leadership, and product producers to establish realistic expectations for timelines, detailed deliverables, and risk assessment
- Track programming efforts, ensuring continued accuracy of milestones and deliverables, providing status reports
- Schedule and run meetings to establish needs, discuss status, resolve issues, and share information
- Review programming and tool efforts, providing feedback and suggestions to the team to deliver a high quality result to the studio
- Help to identify bottlenecks and flag potential issues relating to the technology and its use in studio productions
- Facilitate studio communication with the engineering team, ensuring understanding of core expectations and building a pipeline for feedback to the team for bugs and feature requests
- Assist the game producers and QA in understanding technical challenges, helping to direct issues to the appropriate technical resource
- Assist with recruiting, screening, and scheduling of candidates in engineering disciplines
Skills and Experience
- At least 5 years of professional game industry experience including at least some experience with projects on current or upcoming generation hardware (PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Wii)
- At least 3 years experience working directly with programmers in a production capacity to deliver tools or engine development supporting a game team
- Strong technical background either as a software engineer or technical management. Previous experience working as an programmer with C++ is preferred but not required
- Proven ability to deliver high quality tools with wide use among artists, designers, and other development disciplines
- Attention to detail, timely follow-up and strong organizational skills. Strong capability to multitask and prioritize
Candidates must be authorized to work and accept new employment in the U.S.
Telltale Games in an Equal Opportunity Employer.