SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Tech Ops Engineer will work with other Software Engineers, Database Engineers, and Product Managers to analyze system and network loads to address stability and performance challenges, and collaborate with others to operate various systems. The Tech Ops Engineer performs ongoing application support by diagnosing and resolving issues, maintaining applications, and evaluating and recommending options for improving performance, maintainability and operability.
- Prepare the plans, run books, and execute applications deployment and configuration change procedures into QA, staging and production environments
- Setup, configure, maintain and monitor assigned application(s) and related systems Monitor the applications and systems alerts and attend to them proactively
- First-line incident management, including follow-up problem resolution, post-mortem review, and process improvement; delivering and maintaining a stable, responsive, highly-available production environment at all times.
- Identify bad trends before they become problems; respond to automated system alerts, effectively troubleshoot system errors and work incidents to return systems to normal operating conditions
- Drive automation of application deployment for production and pre-release environments; respond to automated system alerts, effectively troubleshoot system errors and work incidents to return systems to normal operating conditions
- Assist in maintaining information security practices and procedures
- Author and update high-quality documentation of all relevant specifications, systems and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS
- 3-5 years’ experience working with or leading Technical Operations teams
- Troubleshooting experience on entire layers from network to software
- Experience using monitoring systems (Zabbix preferred )
- Experience with any cloud services, elastic capacity administration and cloud deployment and administration tools a plus
- Experience with automation and continuous integration tools
- Game industry experience preferred
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent people and communication skills, interacts appropriately with users of various technical skill levels, remains calm and courteous while working to resolve problems.
- Strong, methodical troubleshooting skills.
- Intermediate level skills, including installation, systems administration and troubleshooting of Windows and Linux server operation system.
- Intermediate scripting languages (Python , PowerShell, Ruby)
- Intermediate networking knowledge, including basic topology and protocol understanding