Lucid Global is seeking an experienced, motivated, and knowledgeable Technical Director for our expanding studio in beautiful Sarasota, FL. This role will lead the technical architecture and execution of an innovative 3D system for the healthcare industry running on Unity, as well as oversee the technical production of our pre-rendered work in x-code and other mobile platforms. Lucid is a stable and expanding global company focused primarily on the burgeoning industries of Health and Healthcare, and we are using the latest CG and video gaming technology, as well as AAA level art development, to revolutionize the practice of medicine with our Living Medical Environments, Holographics, and other technologies. This is a long term opportunity to grow and advance within the company well into the future.
Lucid Global is an innovator and often operates on the threshold of what is possible with existing techniques and technology. That is the challenge and reward of the work we do. The work is multiplatform so a combination of experience with iOS, android, PC, Mac and next gen consoles is desired.
The ideal candidate:
· at least 2 years of experience in UNITY3D.
· at least 2 years of experience in Mobile development
· at least 5 years of experience in production of interactive and/or video games with successful track record in developing and managing projects.
· exhibit a balance of technical knowledge, organization, a good eye for detail, and excellent problem-solving skills.
· possess and exercise independent judgment, guiding the studio to obtain great results.
· will have interactive, 3D, film and/or video game development background.
· strong scripting and programming skills to help guide developers.
· a proven track record of scheduling and workflow management using project management tools, in particular with offsite developers.
· creative, passionate, a leader, and thinks outside of the box.
· possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
Desired Skills / Extras
· experience in leading innovative organizations and the development of new products
· should be comfortable with using and/or developing techniques to keep pushing boundaries to create stunning results for our global list of clients and to develop custom tools to improve our artists’ workflow.
· will help shape the future of mobile communications software with our unique company.
· be able to juggle the various demands on time, focus on the task at hand and stay calm under pressure.
· will enjoy a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and a great quality of life in our state of the art studio.
Secondary Job Duties: Realtime Programming, Game Design Direction, GAME ENGINE, Shaders
Other Job Duties: Staffing/Recruiting, Internal Producer, Production Manager, Milestone Approval, Testing/QA/Debugging, Tools/API
Primary Software: Unity 3D
Secondary Software: MAYA, MS Office, Xcode, MS Project
Other Software: Project Management, Visio, Web/Internet, Unity, iOS
Platform(s): PC/Mobile/Next Gen Console
Genre(s): 1st Person, GAME ENGINE
Bonus Eligibility: Yes
Required Work Auth: United States
Start Date: Immediately