Mobile games dominator Gameloft, worldwide publisher of mobile and social games, is
looking for a technically strong Technical Director.
Our Technical Director manages, trains and leads teams of top video game industry talent creating the next generation of exciting new mobile video games. The right candidate will have a senior-level technical and game development background. Current hit Gameloft games include:
Despicable Me: Minion Rush, Asphalt 8: Airborne, My Little Pony Friendship is Magic, Ironman 3, Kingdoms & Lords, GT Racing 2, Shark Dash, Oregon Trail: American Settler, A Good Day to Die Hard, NOVA: Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance, Littlest Pet Shop, The Dark Knight Rises, PLAYMOBIL Pirates, Real Soccer 2012 HD
This position is based in the creative and inspiring city of New Orleans, an international metropolis built on entertainment and opportunity! New Orleans offers a rich culture of superb music, architecture, food, art, and music that is a part of its very fabric, and is one of the most culturally and historically rich cities in America. We are the festival capital of the world and have an endless list of both nightlife and family activites. In New Orleans, you will simply never run out of things to do!
In a recent survey of American cities reviewing economic health, quality of life, and demographic factors, New Orleans ranked #2 in the entire US while Travel + Leisure named it #1 of America's Best Cities. New Orleans features an exceptionally strong economic trajectory powered by a digital media, technology and entertainment renaissance.
This opportunity also offers:
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Excellent cost of living and area growth
- Stability - check out our Annual Reports
- Flexible core hours (8-5, 9-6 or 10-7)
- Fun, passionate and creative studio with a casual, friendly atmosphere - we love to play Magic, board games, video games, extreme frisbee and foosball!
- International environment which offers daily contact with other countries & cultures
- Challenging and rewarding work on the next great frontiers in games
- Exceptional library of diverse games with broad distribution.
- Work visa application and relocation assistance provided - all overseas applicants are welcome to apply
An unparalleled opportunity to evolve and grow your career with a vibrant young studio among the stability of a large, self-published company.
The Technical Director is responsible for the entire studio programming department in close relationship with the studio manager, producers and worldwide technical director, ensuring projects are delivered on time while targeting the best experience and quality. As part of a growing team, your mission will be to drive and participate in the development of all our 3D and 2D projects on multiple platforms.
The Technical Director will be responsible for all technical architecture and processes choices, supervise and participate in all aspects of projects from staffing to technology/tools, recommend solutions and approve plans, work with other studio technical directors to improve the company programming standards and engines; manage the programming team including employee performance evaluation and code reviews; actively participate in recruitment; provide expertise in design, programming, debugging, optimization, offer exceptional analysis and problem-solving skills; program different game modules, program the necessary tools for other teams, and work closely with other departments to set restrictions in the game and implement each element.
Essential skill requirements for this position include:
- Degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- 5-10 years xp in graphics 3D programming (OpenGL or DirectX)
- Expert knowledge of 3D programming
- 4+ years’ recent xp in the video game industry on AAA or iOS games.
- Advanced xp in core engine development, networking, mobile development and tool development
- Experience as Lead Developer or Lead Programmer
- Knowledge of the technical Pipeline and all the process needed to make a game
- Remarkable leadership, communication and team management skills
- Able to work independently and under pressure and produce results under tight schedules
- Able to optimize code size and speed to take full advantage of the capabilities of each platform
- Methodical and structured programming technique
- Keen personal interest in video games with a solid knowledge of the field
All qualified candidates must pass a technical test on 3D as part of the interview process for this role.
Since 2000, Gameloft® has proven a top innovator. We craft kick-ass games for all digital platforms and are tested Masters of the Mobile Space. Our freemium and premium games from casual to hardcore are localized in 12 languages and more than 100 countries. Your ballin guru skills will be seen by potentially millions of gamers. Meditate on that. We partner with more legendary brands than we can fit in a bullet point, like Marvel®, Hasbro®, FOX®, Mattel® and Ferrari®. We employ over 5,000 developers in over 30 countries spanning every continent and are on the top 120 companies of the NYSE Euronext Paris, ISIN: FR0000079600, Bloomberg: GFT FP, Reuters: GLFT.PA. Bazinga. Our mantra? Your talent, our legacy, unstoppable.