Naturalmotion is looking for a remarkable Technical Director to join its unique, hugely ambitious, and elite Dawn of Titans development team.
Joining at an influential and pivotal time in the game’s post-launch development and the team’s evolution, you will be responsible for representing technology at a studio and group level.
You will be responsible for solving strategic and tactical technical challenges unique to online mobile games, including the sophisticated client-server interactions necessary with always-connected devices; de-risking cross-platform development with broad device performance deltas; guiding product path feature planning; spear-heading R&D on new devices; and ensuring the effective operation of technology in our studio.
- Represent technology at studio and group level.
- Work with Lead Programmers on long-term technical strategy with a view on hardware innovations and focal points.
- Maintain view on other emerging technologies and developments.
- Ensure technical solutions support a high-quality experience to our player’s in-line with product team’s stated objectives.
- Partner with production to remove blockers and consistently hit sprint goals.
- Partner with the General Manager to plan staffing and operational costs
- Assess technical risks and determine mitigation plans.
- Evolve the way we work to ensure the engineering team is working effectively to deliver clean code.
- Coach, develop and mentor the programming team.
- Source and organise training opportunities for the programming team.
- Champion the studio’s vision, values, behaviors and operating practices.
- Significant engineering experience across different gaming platforms.
- Recent experience as Lead Engineer or Technical Director for mobile online games.
- Experience working on complex 3D games.
- Social and multiplayer mobile game experience (iOS and Android).
- Experience of data-driven games with downloadable asset bundles.
- Able to identify, manage and communicate technical issues across disciplines.
- High standards of personal technical excellence, and the ability to achieve this standard in others.
- Passion for making games that push the boundaries and set new standards for mobile gaming.
- Evidence of sound leadership and motivation skills.