Santa Monica, California
High School or equivalent
Technical Director - Central Tech Online
The Technical Director is a key role in the Central Technology group, collaborating directly with the Vice President, Technology. To be successful you are expected to balance significant hands-on work on critical aspects of key franchises with management of direct reports and technology planning and oversight.
The role requires someone who can be technically creative and innovate, yet stay practical and focused to drive delivery.
Responsibilities: Technology Leadership, Oversight and Assistance
• Research and deliver practical application of technology advancements to development teams
• Manage and direct the efforts of any direct report engineers within the group
• Personally troubleshoot critical tech issues and prioritize hands-on work to aid development teams
• Act as a technology liaison across ATVI teams
• Provide expert opinions of internal and external developers and technology plans
• Be an active part of Central Technology product reviews – TDD’s, middleware, internal products, first and third party technical solutions etc.
• Demonstrate an understanding of the importance for both ambition and conservatism when developing video games.
• 3+ years in a Technical Director position on a high profile title or titles for the current generation of consoles (Xbox One and PS4).
• Ability to clearly communicate technical direction, influencing peers and superiors. Candidate must also be able to work effectively across organizational boundaries with minimal supervision.
• Strong understanding of all aspects of games technology
• Fluent in C/C++
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and personnel
• Passionate about games and have a clear understanding of what elements are critical to create a highly polished title.
• Exceptional ability in optimization, debugging and software architecture. .
Apply for this job
All applicant profiles are saved in the Resume Database. Privacy settings can be adjusted here.
More Jobs Like This
We couldn't find matching jobs.
Friends Who Might Be Interested