Nuclear Division is a mobile games start up founded by industry veterans located in the San Fernando Valley area of Los Angeles, CA. We are currently seeking a proven Technical Director to architect the backend systems and lead the systems team. This is a rare and exciting opportunity to be on the ground level of a new company and create the next wave of fun and dynamic mobile games.
The Technical Development Director - Backend Systems will oversee the development, vision, architectural design, future roadmaps and the implementation of our enterprise network applications/services in support of a suite of mobile and online games. Individual working with their systems team and game studio leads will define the custom development of applications, coding standards, technologies, cloud/hosting services and data center management.
- Defines the vision and implementation for the entire network platform consistent with companies current and future business and development needs.
- Establishes a robust set of application interfaces to support a library of unique game requirements.
- Defines technology roadmap.
- Identifies buy/partner vs build strategies when considering solutions.
- Oversees staffing, scheduling and resource allocation of the Network Systems Team.
- Establishes best practices, coding and quality standards.
- 10+ years experienced in system architecture, application development, scalable network environments, topology and cloud solutions in support of mobile gaming applications.
- Past experience leading the design and execution of a large scale, high availability system solution supporting mobile and online games.
- Well versed in current and future mobile communication protocols, network cloud services/technologies and their limitations.
- Able to lead original application development as well as integration of 3rd party platforms and APIs.
- Fluent in contemporary server programming environments.
- BS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
To apply, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.