Red Storm is now hiring a Technical Level Designer for The Division. The Technical Level Designer takes the initiative in the Design production to create tools, processes and guidelines to assist the creation of the game. He/she optimizes the use of the engine/tools to support development goals. He/she collaborates on engine use, chooses best work methods based on design requirements and validates gameplay mechanics. He/she is in charge of any Design technical quality aspects of the game as defined by the Creative direction and his/her manager.
· Point of contact and conduit of communication with co-dev partners on technical Level Design issues
· Identify and solve pipeline tool inefficiencies and propose new tool ideas.
· Work with engineering if necessary to develop new technologies, suggest solutions for issues/bugs/needed features to optimize pipelines for maximum quality and efficiency.
· Become the resident expert on the entire LD pipeline, scripting and all technical requirements, be able to solve any issue that comes up with workarounds and/or report to leads on blockers.
· Improve productivity working with Level Designers and Level Artists to identify and solve technical issues, suggest solutions the find a balance between art and gameplay.
· Utilize rapid prototyping to test feasibility of features/ideas/workflows.
· Help define or refine the production pipeline as needed, including establishing and enforcing constraints/metrics throughout projects.
· Document, maintain, and present design tools and scripts/nodes during development.
· Report bugs, track/resolve issues, and prioritize needs.
· Minimum of 5 years game development experience and at least 2 AAA shipped console titles.
· Xbox or PS3 optimization and debugging experience.
· Ability to identify and solve technical issues for tool development in game production.
· Ability to quickly learn content pipeline and toolset and become a subject matter expert.
· Experience with Level Design, design production tools and pipelines.
· Demonstrated skills in the basic fundamentals of programming/scripting.
· Strong understanding of design asset/code/game hardware interaction.
· Design pipeline/asset optimization skills.
· Knowledge of what makes game content run slowly and how to make it faster.
· Ability to adapt to changing workflows and tools.
· Positive attitude, strong work ethic, and the ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment.
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Ability to anticipate, prioritize, and organize work to meet objectives.
· Passion and enthusiasm for video games.
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience preferred.
· Experience working with more than one game engine.
· Demonstrated skills using 3d scripting languages such as Lua, UnrealScript, Maxscript, or Python.
· Hands on experience with C++ and/or C#.
· Onsite gym and Mind, Body, Spirit reimbursement program for activities that help you be a better version of yourself.
· Food & Fun: Monday breakfast, Thursday meeting munchies & drinks, Surprise Snacks, Launch Parties, Monthly Years of Service Celebrations, Family Picnics, Sporting Events, Holiday Parties, the list goes on.
· Superior health, dental, vision packages with a substantial employer contribution for a healthy you, healthy family, and a healthy wallet.
· 401k match for that day you retire to your dream island…
· Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave for the day your family grows.
· Generous Vacation, Holiday and Sick time for those days you need to be away.
· Employee purchase program for Ubisoft titles for those days you want to play.
· Amazing coworkers, visionary leadership, and a work hard, play hard attitude that will make you want to stay.