Gameloft, a leading international publisher and developer of digital and social games with offices in 30 countries including Europe, North America and Asia, is seeking a Technical Artist to join our Toronto Studio. Previous hit games such as The Oregon Trail, Modern Combat 4, Brother in Arms 2, N.O.V.A., Avatar, Dungeon Hunter, Despicable Me: Minion Rush, Assassin’s Creed, Terminator Salvation, Asphalt 8, Let’s Golf!, and Order and Chaos are just a few of the 300 games Gameloft has created since it was founded.
- Be a bridge between Artists and Programmers;
- Work closely with team leads and Art Manager and Director;
- Work with Producers, advising on technical cost/impact of changes and requests;
- Investigate, define and advise on methods and tools prior to and during production;
- Set up and maintain art production workflow/pipeline;
- Monitoring work to be efficient as possible with space/speed;
- Ability to learn game engine capabilities and limitations, enthusiastic to ‘find a way’ to meet challenging artistic visions;
- Integrate assets in the game without sacrificing artistic vision or exceeding technical limits of platform;
- Ability to mentor Artists in chosen methods, optimizations and tools for and during production;
- Actively advising or informing the Teams /leads/Producers/AM of foreseeable issues or problematic techniques;
- Trouble shooting / debugging / firefighter on technical issues;
- Write scripts/tools to aide artists create more efficiently;
- Assist in producing 3D elements and Shaders that relate to TA aspects of the game;
- Ability to cover multiple projects when needed.
- Research/oversee/implementation of map types, pixel shaders and particle systems if applicable;
- Set up of project directory structures and naming conventions;
- Advisory/Mentor role for revision control softwares (SVN) – methods and practices;
- Input/Admin on Company Art Wiki for any information concerning any of the above if applicable;
- Write tutorials and technical documents for teams to learn from in ‘layman’ terms.
Skills and Profile:
- Understanding and experience of mobile device limitations and challenges;
- Expertise in 3D graphics and excellent knowledge of the 3D production "pipeline";
- Proficiency in 3DSMax and Photoshop;
- Excellent knowledge of the limitations of each 3D production department;
- Strong sense of technical and artistic aspects.
Please send your resume, motivation letter and portfolio to the following email address:
Only selected candidates will be contacted. Your CV will be saved in our files for a period of 6 months. Thank you for your interest in Gameloft.
Why work for Gameloft?
- Join one of the most exciting industrial sectors today, whose partners and clients include Apple, Microsoft, Nokia, Google, Nintendo, Samsung, and telecommunication carriers
- Experience an exceptional, dynamic, demanding and motivating working environment within a fast-growing company
- Work in an international environment where you can communicate with other countries and cultures on a daily basis
- Enjoy excellent local working conditions (good office space quality, located in Toronto)
- We offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefit packages
Gameloft is a leading international publisher and developer of downloadable video games. For 10 years, Gameloft has been established as one of the top innovators in its field. The company creates games for mobile phones, smartphones, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. Gameloft games are also available to players on WiiWare, DSiWare, Microsoft Xbox LIVE Arcade and PlayStation®Network.
Partnership agreements with leading licenses such as UNO™, Ferrari, Shrek, CSI, Spider-Man and Brothers in Arms allow Gameloft to form strong relationships with international brands. In addition to the partnerships, Gameloft owns and operates titles such as Real Football, Asphalt and Brain Challenge.
Gameloft is present on all the continents with its own production studios, employing over 4,500 developers, and distributes its games in over 100 countries. Gameloft is listed on Euronext Paris (ISIN: FR0000079600, Bloomberg: GFT FP, Reuters: GLFT.PA)
For more information go to www.gameloft.com.