TapZen San Francisco is on the lookout for a Technical Artist which will be responsible for providing support to our Art team in a variety of areas including: facilitating artwork production pipelines with the engineering team, character rigging, scripting, user interface implementation and writing tools to facilitate the CG game art production process. Candidates must have both a strong technical and aesthetic sense as well as the ability to troubleshoot art pipelines as they pertain to implementing object, FX and animation assets into the game engine.
Reporting directly to the Art Director, candidates will collaborate with Design, Art and Engineering at a fun, fast and flexible pace, so the ability to work well with both left brain and right brain teammates while delivering quality work is essential. The Technical Artist will work closely with an experienced team of passionate game-makers, so good teamwork skills are of the utmost importance.
Skills and Experience:
* 2-4 years of professional experience as a Technical Artist in the games industry
* Strong scripting and plug-in writing skills with Maya
* Advanced experience in Maya, Flash and FX creation packages
* Cocos 2D-x experience a plus
* Understanding of color, shading, and lighting techniques
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Digital Art, related field or equivalent work experience
* Experience in the Mobile games space
* Demo reel and/or portfolio required
* Excellent communication and organizational skill, both in-person and in writing; ability to translate words into technical art solutions and articulate the rationale behind it
* Desire to roll up your sleeves and get work done
* Possess a "Swiss Army Knife" knowledge for creating various types of assets (modeling, animation rigs, FX, shaders, UI)
* A playful sense of humor and a serious commitment to work
* Scripting skills in 3DSMax, Python or Perl a plus
* Have a passion for games and a love for what you do!