We are looking for a Technical Artist to help prepare games for a variety of social platforms. The successful candidate will work developing pipelines, techniques and workflows in close collaboration with our Art, Programming, Sound and QA teams to ensure that our art and animation aren’t compromised by the limitations of technical processes. The TA will also assist in developing software tools and scripts that enhance the creation of art and animation in software products and perform advanced basic game implementation tasks with an emphasis on social gaming environments.
- Work in a software integrated development environment (IDE) to develop, modify, debug, review, test, and document multimedia scripts for real-time gaming machines.
- Work closely with artists, animators, software engineers, sound engineers and QC to organize and direct game play from original conceptual color compositions towards finalized products.
- Analyze, develop and recommend design approaches while working on critical engineering problems and projects.
- Ensure product conforms to engineering design, regulatory, and customer performance expectations.
- Utilize Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Flash, Adobe After Effects and Adobe Media Encoder and other proprietary software packages to render static artwork ready for implementation in game.
- Modify XML data files as well as content in Flash FLA project files.
- Review various game scripts to validate their accuracy and make necessary adjustments as needed.
- Bachelors’ Degree or relative equivalent experience.
- 2 to 5 years work experience in Graphic Arts/Computer Science or related field or industry.
- Solid experience in scripting/code (object oriented), graphic design, art, animation, and 3D graphics.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Flash, Adobe After Effects and Media Encoder is required.
- Extensive hands-on experience modifying content in Flash FLA project files.
- Knowledge and understanding of file compression and optimization with regards to web-based content.
- Experience using photoshop to resize content to meet requirements for the social platform.
- Ability to modify XML data files.
- Experience creating vector art content in Flash is a preferred.
- Ability to understand game mechanics and collaborate with Flash developers to recreate these mechanics for the social platform.
- Ability to handle several projects at once.
- Knowledge of 3D Modeling packages, such LightWave, Maya, or 3D Studio Max is a plus.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively interact with employees/clients via phone, email and in person.
- Goal and deadline oriented.
- Attention to detail.
- Casino or video game industry experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Experience with scripting languages, such as Lua, is a plus
- US Citizen, or a valid permanent resident card.
We are always looking for great talent. We appreciate your interest in joining our team. Only applicants who meet the requirements of this position will be considered.
High 5 Games is an equal opportunity employer. Principals only. Recruiters please don't contact High 5 Games.Please, no phone calls about this job! Please do not contact High 5 Games about other services, products or commercial interests.