We’re seeking an experienced 3D Generalist/Visual Efects Artist to join our tight-knit team to imagine and create visuals that sets our game apart. The artist we seek is both thinker and a creator. You can see results before it’s built, then plot the steps to make those ideas live and breathe.
Working with our Art Director, Designers and Engineers, you’ll chart the path for how we make it come to life, meeting technical and artistic challenges with your well tuned instincts and deep experience in game development.
Each day you’ll collaborate in an environment where the decisions we make will directly impact the success of our game.
- Work closely with the other leads to figure out how things get done - allowing for flexibility, efficiency and high quality - then set priorities and make it happen.
- Understand and own the project’s constraints, then use your creativity to address challenges within those limits.
- Work with external partners that will help us build head-turning game assets.
- Identify potential and recurring workflow problems and develop solutions with whomever needs to be involved.
Competencies, Skills & Knowledge
- Experience creating real-time particle effects for games (Unity experience preferred)
- 3D modeling and texturing experience.
- Experience with lighting for games.
- Prior experience creating games on a mobile platform is highly desirable
- Practical experience creating shaders in a real-time environment is a plus
- Cover letter - let us know why you're interested in this role and what you'd bring to it
- A portfolio of outstanding work (please explain your contribution)
- 3+ years in the video game industry
- At least one shipped game title
- Experience directing external/outsource vendors