Santa Monica, California
Playstation 4, Xbox One
High School or equivalent
Technical Animator - Treyarch
We are seeking an experienced Technical Animator to join our team. The Technical Animator will produce animation assets and also be the Animation Department’s facilitator.
Treyarch is home to some of the industry's best and brightest talent, and has garnered a reputation for being one of the industry's premier art, design and technology powerhouses. The studio's successful track record of releasing AAA blockbuster hits, extensive infrastructure and strong management provides a solid foundation from which it can successfully pioneer major franchises and build on our successes to date.
A successful Technical Animator will be first and foremost a hands-on Animator capable to produce high quality animations. The ideal candidate will be fluent with Motion Builder and motion-capture editing. He/she will also be able to understand and balance departmental quality goals with the game’s performance and memory budgets. This position will push for optimal CG look and animation fidelity within the studio.
The Technical Animator will also identify potential issues and deploy correct solutions. This role will support the animation production pipeline and improve workflow. While working with the Animation Department and studio leads, he/she will develop and refine existing tools to ensure that the Animation Department operates smoothly. The Technical Animator will balance technical imperatives with creative needs to deliver the highest quality animations on time. Additionally, the Technical Animator will provide relevant input which will influence character design, technological direction and tool development.
What you’ll be doing:
• Produce AI and cinematic animations
• Collaborate with animators, designers, artists and software engineers to identify and address areas of need or concern
• Establish workflow processes to guarantee the success of the Animation Department
• Work with the character artists to help create character models and rigs that meet technical and animation requirements
• Write pipeline tools that streamline the character setup process
• Develop new techniques and processes to solve animation production challenges
• Use Perl/Python/MaxScript/MEL scripts to automate the character animation process
• Research latest applicable technologies and 3rd party software packages
The skills and experience you’ll need:
• 4+ years of experience in game industry
• 2+ years of experience as a Technical Animator
• Expert knowledge of Motion Builder 2012, Maya 8+
• Strong Scripting experience (e.g. Python, Ruby, MEL, etc.)
• Strong understanding of both figure and facial anatomy
• Experience with character rigging
• Experience with setting up production pipelines while being able to follow guidelines
• Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
• Programming experience is a plus (e.g. C++, C#, etc.)
More Jobs Like This
We couldn't find matching jobs.