Gameloft, a market leader in iOS and Android game publishing is seeking a Studio Technical Manager to join its growing team in Toronto.
Qualified candidates will link up with imaginative design teams to create hot new game titles, fulfilling a wide range of genres from hardcore action to casual simulation and Freemium games. Previous hit games include Oregon Trail, Modern Combat, Let’s Golf , Order & Chaos, Dungeon Hunter, N.O.V.A., The Amazing Spiderman, The Dark Knight Rise and Wild Blood are just a few of the 300 games Gameloft has created since it was founded.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
The Technical Manager will be responsible for managing the Technical Department for all projects in production in the Toronto Studio.
- Manage the programmer team for the entire studio;
- Manage employee’s performance evaluation and disciplinary follow ups;
- Active participation in recruitment (CV and portfolio sorting; test corrections; interviews; etc.);
- Manage studio engineering resources to deliver high quality products on time and on budget;
- Coordinate with the Studio Manager to establish project timelines, specifications, and mitigate risks;
- Be an expert in design, programming, debugging and optimization and communicate this expertise to the Technical team;
- Act as a mentor to Programmers especially in the areas of coding, architecture and best practices;
- Exceptional analysis and problem-solving skills;
- Program critical game modules;
- Oversee the development of necessary tools for teams;
- Collaborate with the Design and Art teams, to set the various restrictions in the game and implement each element;
- Act as technical authority for the studio and communicate technical requirements/limitations to publisher and external development studios.
Skills and Profile:
- Strong knowledge of C++;
- Experience with iPhone, android, PS3, XBOX, PSP, DS or Online Gaming;
- University degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science;
- Advanced knowledge in 3D programming (OpenGL or DirectX);
- 5+ years’ experience programming in C/C++ , Objective-C, Java;
- 2+ years’ experience in the video game industry;
- 2+ years management experience;
- Experience leading at least 2 game projects to completion;
- Organized, independent, and a leader; Knowledge of the technical Pipeline and all the processes needed to make a game;
- Proven leadership ability and able to share knowledge, excellent communication and team management skills;
- Able to work independently and under pressure;
- Able to produce results under tight schedules;
- Able to optimize code size and speed to take full advantage of the capabilities of each platform;
- Expert in methodical and structured programming;
- Keen personal interest in video games.
Please forward your resume and motivation letter to the following address:
Selected candidates will be contacted. Your CV will be saved in our files for a period of 6 months. Thank you for your interest in Gameloft.
Why work for Gameloft?
- Join one of the most exciting industrial sectors today, whose partners and clients include Apple, Microsoft, Nokia, Google, Nintendo, Samsung, and telecommunication carriers
- Experience an exceptional, dynamic, demanding and motivating working environment within a fast-growing company
- Work in an international environment where you can communicate with other countries and cultures on a daily basis
- Enjoy excellent local working conditions (good office space quality, located in Toronto)
- We offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefit packages
Gameloft is a leading international publisher and developer of downloadable video games. For 10 years, Gameloft has been established as one of the top innovators in its field. The company creates games for mobile phones, smartphones, iPhone iPod touch and iPad. Gameloft games are also available to players on WiiWare, DSiWare, Microsoft Xbox LIVE Arcade and PlayStation®Network.
Partnership agreements with leading licenses such as UNO™, Ferrari, Shrek, CSI, Spider-Man and Brothers in Arms allow Gameloft to form strong relationships with international brands. In addition to the partnerships, Gameloft owns and operates titles such as Real Football, Asphalt and Brain Challenge.
Gameloft is present on all the continents with its own production studios, employing over 3,500 developers, and distributes its games in over 100 countries. Gameloft is listed on Euronext Paris (ISIN: FR0000079600, Bloomberg: GFT FP, Reuters: GLFT.PA)
For more information go to www.gameloft.com.