San Francisco, California
Warner Bros. Games Inc. seeks a Staff Engineer for the WBG San Francisco mobile development studio. As a Staff Engineer at WB Games San Francisco, you have wide game development experience with best of class engineering skills. You have a passion for gaming and thrive on working with all departments to drive a game from beginning to end.
This position requires close collaboration with all other disciplines to help capture, develop and communicate a coherent vision of our game systems, features and tools. In this position, you are responsible for establishing performance budgets with each discipline respectively. You will also be a leader in establishing best practices, assisting / mentoring other engineers on the team and identifying problem areas / opportunities for improvement in the codebase.
• Game system / feature design & implementation / Library & Service integration.
• Establishing / refining standards & best practices.
• Performance optimization.
• Assess middleware and 3rd party solutions.
• Review the work of other Gameplay Engineers to ensure adherence to design, patterns and coding standards.
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent industry experience and success.
• At least 5 years of game industry experience.
• Shipped at least 3 mobile/social title, preferably on multiple platforms.
• Unity development experience required.
• Expert C# programming skills.
• Deep knowledge of Unity including custom tool creation.
• Proficient with 3D math including linear algebra (vector math, matrices).
• Deep knowledge of shaders and 3D animation systems in Unity.
• Experience in tools development and content pipeline development.
• Deep knowledge of common data structures and algorithmic solutions.
• Deep knowledge of software design practices including modular architecture, event-driven architecture, and software design patterns.
• Strong practical knowledge of mobile, platforms middleware technologies, strengths and weaknesses.
• Extensive experience working with internal and externally developed code.
• Extensive experience with self-testing to minimize and fix issues.
• Experience with network game design and development required.
• Documentation / Presentation skills.
• Strong performance optimization experience.
• Strong problem solving / debugging skills.
• Ability to work unsupervised.
• Ability to assist others in their work.
• Ability to assess the quality of other engineers work.
• Passion for making games.
Apply for this job
All applicant profiles are saved in the Resume Database. Privacy settings can be adjusted here.
Friends Who Might Be Interested