Sony Santa Monica is seeking a senior tools/technology programmer to join the team behind the critically acclaimed “God of War” games.
In this generalist role you work on the backbone of our production pipeline, associated tools, and sometimes also run-time technologies. Your customers are both the contents creators and the programmers of the studio, and you care deeply about the quality of their experience and their ability to iterate with our tools and pipeline. You maintain an open dialog with all customers, inviting feedback, looking for areas of improvement.
We value talent, self-motivation, and team spirit. In turn, we provide an environment with a large degree of freedom and autonomy.
* Designing and implementing tools and technology to support build and engine pipelines (such as live-editing, iteration workflow, asset compilation and processing).
* Help support and maintain existing systems.
* Provide support and assistance to team end users.
* Writing clear, maintainable, portable, and highly functional code.
* Profiling and performance tuning of code and systems to remove bottlenecks.
* As needed work on runtime engine tasks to support specific project requirements.
* Testing and documenting of the code you write. REQUIREMENTS:
* B.Sc. degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
* Expertise in C and C++.
* Minimum five years programming experience.
* Strong generalist skills and solid code architectural skills.
* Self-motivated with good communication skills.
* Able and motivated to work with other team members.
* Commitment to code quality, documentation and sound testing procedures.
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
* Perforce (or other SCM), build and build deployment systems (Jenkins, SN-DBS), Python, functional testing, automation, databases and key-value data stores (SQL, Redis), Linux, Maya.
About Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) is home to the PlayStation(R) family of products, including the PlayStation(R)3 (PS3 TM), PlayStation(R) Vita (PS Vita), PlayStation(R) Mobile and PlayStation(R)Network. Founded in 1994, SCEA has grown into a leading global computer entertainment brand and continues to redefine interactive consumer entertainment. Since the original PlayStation(R) first revolutionized the world of gaming, SCEA has repeatedly set the benchmark for innovation in home and portable entertainment through amazing gameplay experiences that inspire people across the world. Based in Foster City, CA, SCEA serves as headquarters for all North American operations and employs over 2,104 people in offices located in Foster City, CA, San Diego, CA, Santa Monica, CA and Bend, OR.
It is SCEA's policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. SCEA does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law. SCEA also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled applicants and employees.