Amazon Game Studios is a highly creative, fast paced team that combines a startup atmosphere with the considerable resource backing of Amazon. First and foremost, we're a game studio, and we’re passionate about creating fun. We’re looking for a Software Development Engineer to work with worldclass external game development teams to build signature gaming experiences for our customers.
You are a seasoned Software Development Engineer with broad game development experience and worldclass software engineering skills that is used to working across disciplines. Your knowledge and interactions with art, design, and product leads help identify the risks and technology opportunities for new projects. You enjoy iterating with artists and game designers to break down technology barriers and deliver experiences that delight customers. You’re a natural problem solver with a passion for gaming, and you want to build games for gamers that you would want to play. You’re the kind of person who drives projects to completion, sometimes across multiple functions and groups.
· Know the current state of the art and trends of game development, design and visuals.
· Drive partner communication and provide technical leadership and oversight.
· Ensure timely, high quality deliverables from partners.
· Solve difficult problems that are sometimes not well defined.
· Assist in developing project plans and commitments, then deliver consistently against those commitments.
· Help drive the architecture and technology choices that enable a worldclass user experience.
· Be a champion for the user: Insist on the highest standards, and create functional and engaging features that delight customers.
· At least 2 shipped games as a discipline lead. Experience owning at least one technical area for the full production cycle of at least 2 shipped game titles.
· Strong design and programming knowledge with domain expertise in two or more areas
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
· 3+ years of professional software engineering experience, working on multidiscipline teams
· Strong Computer Science fundamentals in object oriented design, algorithms, and data structures.
· Advanced software engineering skills, including the ability to write expert-level, maintainable, and robust code in a popular object oriented language like C#, C++, or Java.
· Good communication skills and ability to work effectively on shared projects with designers, artists, testers, and other developers.
· Track record for delivering fun innovative games on time and on budget.
· Passion for and knowledge of games.
· Since most of our partners are not located in the Seattle area, you need to be able to accommodate domestic and international travel.
· 5+ years of game lead development experience with multiple shipped titles.
· Experience with external game development, having owned at least one technical area for the full production cycle of at least 1 externally developed shipped game title.
· Android and iOS game development experience
· Experience with thirdparty game engines like Marmalade, Unity, Unreal, and CryEngine.
· Specialized skills in a particular area of game development (e.g. AI, UI, physics, graphics, multiplayer)
· Experience working on large scale, commercial online game services.
· Experience working in Agile/Scrum.
· Ability to represent Amazon professionally to outside entities.