Amazon Game Studios is passionate about building highly creative, exciting, and innovative entertainment for avid video game players. Combining a startup atmosphere with the ambition to build cutting-edge technology, the game teams at Amazon are looking for a passionate engineer who wants to move fast, have fun, and make a big impact on the game industry.
Amazon’s Software Development Engineers are innovators, working with other Amazon engineers to produce solutions that exist nowhere else on earth. Amazon serves millions of customers every day. We are looking for engineers passionate about multiplayer, networking, and other connected experiences so our players can enjoy game experiences unlike any they have had before.
In this role you will work and design cutting edge solutions for highly-scalable systems in a cloud environment. If you have experience creating game networking solutions that are reliable and robust, we’re looking for you.
Key responsibilities include:
- Write quality, reusable code for a highly scalable and reliable cloud based service
- Work closely with product and development management to architect the service
- Execute against project plans and delivery commitments;
- Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
- Have fun working on ground breaking technology with people just as passionate about their work as you!
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- 4+ years professional experience in software development
- Deep understanding of network protocols (UDP/RUDP, TCP/IP etc.) and common network connection issues (NAT punchthrough)
- Computer science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- A passion for staying up-to-date with advances in software development.
- Familiarity with functional programming models and languages
- Distributed systems or large-scale service experience
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- A solid understanding of high performance code; memory allocation, network bandwidth optimization and processor optimization
- Game industry experience writing and maintaining game network libraries for large scale multiplayer games
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions