Amazon Game Studios is passionate about building highly creative, exciting, and innovative entertainment for avid video game players. Combining a startup atmosphere with the ambition to build cutting-edge technology, the game teams at Amazon are looking for a passionate product manager who wants to move fast, have fun, and make a big impact on the game industry.
As a technical product manager in our core technology group, you will be a creative problem solver and vision holder who enjoys working with designers, game programmers, and technical artists to build world-class development technology for our game teams. We are looking for a tech-savvy product manager who is obsessive about usability, efficiency, and building innovative technology that lets our game developers make great games without constraint. The product manager in this role is comfortable about pushing boundaries, removing bottlenecks, and pushing his team to create functionality easy enough for any game developer to pick and use.
- Be responsible for designing requirements and priorities for components of our internal game tools.
- Help our game developers build without constraint - drive the architecture and technology choices that enable a world-class user experience.
- Understand and prioritize the needs of our internal game teams.
- Identify pipeline bottlenecks and opportunities for automation.
- Managing the deployment of tools and generally evangelizing the team’s work
- Be a champion for the user: Insist on the highest standards, and create functional and well-designed tools that delight our game devs.
A Senior Product Manager on our team is required to have these qualifications:
- 5+ years of large-scale production experience in a leadership capacity
- A strong technical background (e.g. experience as a technical producer, technical game designer, tech director, lead programmer, or similar).
- Great communication skills and ability to work effectively on shared projects with designers, artists, testers, and other developers.
- Experience with application development on Windows and user interface design.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (or equivalent) experience.
- Experience with Unity, Unreal, CryEngine or other 3D game engines.
- Experience shipping games with significant online components.
- Experience with Agile development.