Want to own our upcoming next-gen ports? Telltale Games is seeking an enthusiastic Senior Platform Engineer to help us build out our next-generation platform technology for XboxOne and PS4 for upcoming IPs and our award-winning titles!
Telltale’s Core Engineering group is responsible for developing low-level and mid-level libraries and tools used by Telltale’s multi-platform downloadable game development system; the “Telltale Tool”. The “Telltale Tool” is used by Telltale’s artists, designers, and Lua programmers to create tons of amazing content for XboxOne, PS4, XBOX360, PS3, Wii, iOS, PC, Mac, and Android. The Core Engineering group creates true “author once, run anywhere” technology.
• Contribute to bringing the telltale technology to new challenging platforms: XboxOne, PS4, Mobile, and TV
• Improve, debug, and extend existing platform technologies while also building new features in order to meet the needs of consoles, desktops, and high-end mobile devices
• Create clean API’s for internal tools and editors that support developing cutting edge game technology in lighting, shadows, and post effects
• Create robust, long-lived, content-agnostic systems with abstraction layers that enable maximum cross-platform feature fidelity
• Keep abreast of latest developments in hardware & software via developer support, conferences, and publications
• Contribute to the overall architecture and design of the technology plan of the company and game titles
• Analyze code performance and optimize appropriately for speed and memory usage
Essential Skills and Experience
• 5+ years of professional C++/STL experience is required
• 3+ years of professional game development experience including at least some development experience with current or next gen hardware (PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, XboxOne)
• B.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• Deep understanding of current hardware and tools with a keen focus on measurement and analysis to improve performance
• Solid foundation in 3D math, algorithms, and modern computing fundamentals
• Self-directing and independent, working effectively within an existing engine structure
• Experience maintaining and debugging a large legacy code base developed by multiple programmers over many years
Candidates must be legally authorized to work and accept new employment in the U.S.
Telltale Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer and ADA compliant.