What we are looking for:
Buffalo Studios is seeking an awesome Sr. PHP Engineer to work in our world-class team. This role will contribute to the creation of an environment and culture which will help us develop the next generation of social games in our Santa Monica, CA offices.
- Understand, and be able to articulate, the distinction between game-specific features and game-agnostic features
- Design and implement APIs and services that provide a strong and stable platform that can be leveraged by all our games.
- Profile web and API servers to find and remove performance bottlenecks.
- Evaluate and take advantage of third party scalability and performance solutions.
- Provide technology services to multiple game teams.
- Roll out new, backwards compatible features, bug fixes and performance enhancements without causing downtime.
- Maintain test frameworks to ensure stability.
- Recent industry experience in a fast paced environment with short project deadline (e.g. startup, service, consumer facing internet environments)
- 5+ years of experience in full cycle web application development (i.e. experience with both backend, frontend and platform integration)
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly
- Demonstrated ability utilizing best practices in building highly scalable applications
- B.S. degree in computer science or equivalent work experience
Employment is contingent upon passing a drug screening and background check.
Buffalo Studios is an equal opportunity employer