Sony Santa Monica is looking for a Senior Level Designer for an unannounced title.
- Join a talented team working on exciting new projects in an open, creative environment
- Own and implement level design from concept to implementation to shippable completion
- Entity scripting and functionality
- As needed, act as liaison between Lead and Junior Designers, in addition to driving or participating in any needed communication with other disciplines
- Work within the set standard for all level asset creation within the production path as it relates to design, art and otherwise.
- Must comprehend a working knowledge of the game production pipeline in order to communicate effectively with other team members.
- Working knowledge of design systems in order to build levels in 3D space, place enemies
- Fully understand the relationship between gameplay elements within the level and the overall game and all the ways the player can respond to each gameplay element
- Actively participate in and/or lead required production related meetings as needed
- Attend and/or lead design-specific discussions concerning design reviews and design issues
- Collaborate with Design Director, Leads and Design Manager during the product development cycle on creative and/or production related topics
- Contribute, as needed, in all educational meetings for in-house staff on new technical issues and tools
- Communicate thoroughly to ensure good working relationships with the other Designers, Design Director, Game Director, Design Manager, Art Director, Lead Artist, Lead Programmer, Lead Animator, etc.
- Drive and follow the progress of owned areas of the game
- Possess comprehensive knowledge of Maya, engine tools and processes, or other 3D world building software
- Fundamental knowledge of game design and ability to implement 3D environment building, entities, rough cameras, creating gameplay scenarios, using design system tools as needed
Design any element in game including:
- open world level design
- ambient gameplay and side missions
- navigation/platforming challenges
- building 3D environments
- modeling and texturing
- designing and implementing fun/challenging AI layouts
- scripting entities
- placing rough cameras, including animated and entity-triggered cameras
- sound implementation
- level warping and gameflow
- cinematic placement and triggering