Senior Level Designer
A Senior Level Designer is a senior position and is expected to be able to fulfill different roles dependent on the project they are allocated to.
- Creates level layouts and features.
- Translates game design into playable levels.
- This position involves using specialized tools to edit game data, working within an overall game design established by others.
- Develops scripts
- Manage and assist in developing individual work schedule, track personal tasks, and alert lead to any changes in planned schedule or tasks
- Works closely with project team members to execute design and work through design revisions as needed.
- Works with team to define creative vision and fun factor
Description of Other Likely Future Tasks:
- Plan and direct development of player experiences.
- Direct Game Designers and/or Coops and Interns.
- Help generate requirements for other disciplines such as level artists and tools programmers.
- When in a leadership position, estimating tasks and participating in the formation and tracking of schedules and project close out.
- Assist and mentor other Design staff.
- Work closely with project team members to execute design and work through design revisions as needed.
- Work with project team to define and maintain creative vision.
- Create and update Game Proposals and Game Design Documents based on Licensor specifications.
- Work closely with the Producer to ensure scope and milestones are met.