Amazon Game Studios is hiring! Make games at one of the most innovative companies in tech! We are currently hard at work on a project that will provide the right candidates with the potential to work on game experiences that push the boundaries of technology. Our team includes industry veterans of dozens of titles including Thief, System Shock 2, Half Life 2, Left for Dead, Age of Empires, Halo, Gears of War, Forza, Call of Duty and Bioshock, with a pinch of Amazon peculiarity thrown in.
In a lead role, you will enjoy iterating with artists and game designers to break down technology barriers and deliver experiences people have never seen before. You will solve the hardest problems and ask for more. When no one else can figure it out, you're the one people turn to for help.
- Collaborate with the art director and technical artists, empowering artists to create the perfect look and feel.
- Become an expert on the engine technology in order to assist developers, artists, and designers alike to achieve results they didn’t know were possible.
- Own performance analysis and optimization on large game projects.
- Help drive the architecture and technology choices that enable a world-class user experience.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
7+ years of game development experience.
At least 1 released game on which you were a primary contributor. Self-published titles are acceptable.
Strong Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, algorithms, and data structures.
Advanced software engineering skills, including the ability to write expert-level, maintainable, and robust code in a popular object oriented language like C#, C++, or Java.
Strong 3D math skills
Understanding of 3D game engine design and rendering techniques.
- 5+ years of game development experience with multiple shipped titles.
- Shipped AAA game title(s)
- Android and iOS game development experience
- Unity or other 3D game engine development experience
- Experience with both CPU and GPU profiling and optimization
- Experience writing shaders (e.g. Cg, HLSL)
We offer excellent pay and generous stock plans, great benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k with matching, and more. Relocation is available for qualified candidates.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer.
Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.