Glu Mobile (NASDAQ:GLUU) is a leading global developer and publisher of free-to-play games for smartphone and tablet devices. We are currently hiring a fulltime Senior Game Analyst in our downtown San Francisco headquarters.
We’re looking for an innovative, Senior Analyst who will deliver actionable analytics and insights to game teams and business partners using state of the art big data tools. Work will include data-driven development of game mechanics, deep-dive data studies, and experimental test design that drives key product decisions.
We’re looking for someone who has experience working with world-class analytics platforms and has a smell for data and the large opportunities it presents. Our analysts are passionate about data driven decision making and understand how to transform raw data into concise intelligence that moves the business forward. This is a fantastic opportunity to use your data skills to materially impact both user experience and overall monetization of Glu’s mobile games.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop and maintain company-wide data analytics systems and processes that provide precise visibility into how our users interact with our games
- Consult with product owners and game teams to improve game design and monetization mechanics by utilizing data and designing impactful AB experiments.
- Working directly with product owners to collect analytics requirements, instrument games and delivering daily reports and visuals
- Provide regular, timely reporting and performance monitoring to studio teams and key business stakeholders
- Perform strategic analyses of portfolio-wide user data to recommend ongoing product optimization and innovation
- Mentor junior analysts and business partners in analytics, statistics, and experimental design
- 3+ years’ experience in data analytics, especially in big data environments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Operations Research, Economics, Mathematics or related field
- Seriously good SQL skills – distributed querying experience (Hive/Pig/Presto) a huge plus!
- Experience with turning large amounts of raw data into actionable intelligence that is critical for business decisions
- Proven ability to conceive and test hypotheses based on inconclusive or incomplete data from unstructured data and creating structures that lend themselves to analysis
- Knows correlation from causation, can identify and manage biases in data, and understands the implications of sample size on the interpretation of results.
- Background in statistical analysis and familiarity with core statistical functions, including multivariate regression, correlation models, and analysis of variance
- Mobile Gaming experience is a huge plus!