Sony Santa Monica is seeking a senior gameplay/generalist programmer to join the team behind the critically acclaimed “God of War” games.
In this gameplay generalist role you work on the technologies that the designers, artists, and other contents creators use to bring life to our games. Systems worked on may include animation, locomotion, navigation, combat and weapons, sound, instancing, scripting, tools, and many more. You work closely with customers to identify problems, provide solutions, and to overall improve the quality of their experience and their ability to iterate with the systems provided to them. You maintain an open dialog with all customers, inviting feedback, and constaintly look for areas of improvement.
We value talent, self-motivation, and team spirit. In turn, we provide an environment with a large degree of freedom and autonomy.
* Designing and implementing systems and tools to support game needs (animation, locomotion, navigation, combat, etc).
* Help maintain and improve existing systems.
* Writing clear, maintainable, portable, and highly functional code.
* Profiling and performance tuning of code and systems to remove bottlenecks.
* As needed work on tools and technology tasks to support specific project requirements.
* Testing and documenting of the code you write.
* Specialist skills and interest in other areas (e.g. audio, networking, others) also valued. REQUIREMENTS:
* B.Sc. degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
* Minimum five years programming experience.
* Expertise in C and C++.
* Strong generalist skills, with solid understanding of game-related math.
* Good understanding of what makes a game fun and interesting to play.
* Self-motivated with good communication skills.
* Able and motivated to work with other team members.
* Commitment to code quality, documentation and sound testing procedures.
About Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) is home to the PlayStation(R) family of products, including the PlayStation(R)3 (PS3 TM), PlayStation(R) Vita (PS Vita), PlayStation(R) Mobile and PlayStation(R)Network. Founded in 1994, SCEA has grown into a leading global computer entertainment brand and continues to redefine interactive consumer entertainment. Since the original PlayStation(R) first revolutionized the world of gaming, SCEA has repeatedly set the benchmark for innovation in home and portable entertainment through amazing gameplay experiences that inspire people across the world. Based in Foster City, CA, SCEA serves as headquarters for all North American operations and employs over 2,104 people in offices located in Foster City, CA, San Diego, CA, Santa Monica, CA and Bend, OR.
It is SCEA's policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. SCEA does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law. SCEA also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled applicants and employees.