Amazon Game Studios is passionate about building highly creative, exciting, and innovative entertainment for avid video game players. Combining a startup atmosphere with the ambition to build cutting-edge technology, the game teams at Amazon are looking for a passionate engineer who wants to move fast, have fun, and make a big impact on the game industry.
As a Software Development Engineer developing tools and technology for our game animators, you will be a creative problem solver who enjoys working with artists on new tools for Amazon's existing and future game teams. We are looking for an engineer that is passionate about improving the lives of game developers, enabling them to quickly and easily create game experiences they never have before.
- Write quality, cross-platform, multithreaded and reusable code to solve common developer problems in uncommon ways
- Be responsible for designing, developing, deploying, and maintaining core technology
- Help our game developers build without constraints -- drive the technology choices that enable a world-class user experience.
- Identify pipeline bottlenecks and opportunities for automation.
- Be a champion for the user: Insist on the highest standards, and create functional and well-designed tools that take the pain out of game development.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (or equivalent) experience.
- 3+ years of professional software engineering experience, working on multi-discipline teams.
- Strong computer science fundamentals in object-oriented design, algorithms, and data structures.
- Understanding of common game media file formats, such as FBX.
- Advanced software engineering skills, including the ability to write maintainable and robust code in a popular object oriented language like C#, C++, or Java.
- Great communication skills and ability to work effectively on shared projects with designers, artists, testers, and other developers.
- Game industry or visual effects experience (3+ years)
- Expert knowledge of 3d math/linear algebra
- Low level optimization skills
- Experience working within and extending one or more scripting languages (e.g. Python, LUA)
- Unity, Unreal, CryEngine or other 3D game engine development experience.
We offer excellent pay and generous stock plans, great benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k with matching, and more. Relocation is available for qualified candidates.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer.
Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.