Glu Mobile (NASDAQ:GLUU) is a leading global developer and publisher of free-to-play games for smartphone devices. We were founded in 2001 and have over 500 employees worldwide.
We are seeking a talented Sr. Game Designer with systems design experience for our San Francisco headquarters.
- Work with Executive Producers to spearhead the vision and direction for new free-to-play mobile titles.
- Work with offshore development teams to oversee all aspects of game design, including:
- Core gameplay mechanics
- Deep monetization
- Evergreen content
- Retentive social features
- Comprehensively model all game systems in Excel
- Analyze live game data to tune and balance game economies
- Collaborate with artists and programmers to develop a fun, addictive gameplay experience.
- Work with teams leads to track, document and provide feedback on the creative vision for all features and systems in the game.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 4+ years in a designer role, including at least one shipped free-to-play title
- Launched at least one commercially successful title as the leader of a game design team
- Expert with game math and formulas, in-depth knowledge of game pacing and balancing
- Strong understanding of free-to-play business model and monetization mechanics
- Mobile and/or MMO experience a plus
- RPG, RTS, MOBA and/or strategy genre experience a plus
- Ability to think both creatively and analytically
- An in-depth understanding of how to create fun, meaningful gameplay loops
- Solid understanding of usability and UI.
- Ability to communicate well, both verbally and in writing
- Passion for games and the ability to articulate that passion
- BA/BS, preferably from a top university