Hasbro’s Integrated Play development team has been set up to create new and exciting play patterns that fuse physical and digital play together to create new ways to engage kids of all ages in immersive brand focused experiences.
The Integrated Play team is developing both interactive content driven products and connected mobile software (apps/games) that are leading Hasbro into the new era of connected toys through innovative consumer experiences. These include ground-breaking products like Furby, Furby Boom and Telepods. The boys team works with brands like Transformers, Star Wars, Nerf and others. Not only do we work with awesome brands we also work with cutting edge robotics and interactive toys.
The Line Producer will take a high-level view at the total play experience incorporating both the physical products and the accompanying mobile games/apps that are developed in tandem. The Line Producer will be the person on the Integrated Play team that has day to day ownership over the entire experience.
The Line Producer will lead brainstorming and ideating on how to engage and delight the consumer with meaningful interactions with between toys and the app that deepen the connection and extend the experience.
The Line Producer will work closely with Hasbro’s product design and brand marketing teams through every phase of the entire development process. The Line Producer is expected to be part of every design discussion and work with the brand marketing team to present the products and the overall experience.
This role will assume primary ownership of the Game Design Document (GDD) for the complete experience. This includes the core gameplay mechanics, features and balancing. This role will work with outside developers to create and maintain the GDD and app development schedules that coincide with the physical products development schedules.
You will be working directly with external app development counterparts to communicate the GDD and overseeing the implementation of features, game mechanics and art. Constantly reviewing ad-hoc builds to ensure specifications are being met, bugs are fixed, and the brand is accurately represented.
Using in-game analytics the Line Producer is expected to work the outside development teams to balance and re-tune the in-game level systems and currency throughout development, release and post-release.
Within the Integrated Play team we have a shared resource team that provides art, UI, technical help and submission. The Line Producer will work directly with this team throughout the different phases of the development process.
The Line Producer is expected to prioritize features, bugs and game balance tuning throughout the development cycle with outside developers. This includes user play testing throughout the development process of both the physical and digital experiences.
- 5+ Years of software development experience including 3+ years of game design experience (either the console or mobile gaming space).
- Bonus: Experience in gameplay scripting and, preferably, in programming languages.
- 5+ years of interactive play development
- Or 5+ years of toy design
- Bachelors Degree in Game Design, Computer Science, Industrial Design, or Creative Writing.
- Additional Game Design qualifications considered a bonus.
- Strong written, visual and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary and collaborative environment.
- Flexibility to be able to shift course and iterate within tight time-frames.
- Deep understanding of game-play systems and mechanics.
- Ability to convert high-level concepts into a fully fleshed out game, with thought- through mechanics and features.
- High attention to detail and a focus on delivering a quality end user experience.
- Leading brainstorming sessions to create & improve concepts and solve problems.
- Competitive & trend research and analysis.
- Consumer observation and understanding.
- Display passion & enthusiasm for making and playing with toys & digital games.
- Primary ownership of the complete physical digital experience.
- Soliciting cross-functional input; and integrating great physical product and marketing innovations into the design of the overall gameplay.
- User play testing, design and refinement of the game mechanic.
- Global balancing of the combined physical/digital experience.
Reporting to – BOYS-ACTION SPORTS LINE PRODUCER/MANAGER
Secondary Manager – INTEGRATED PLAY SENIOR DIRECTOR
Applicants should provide:
- Curriculum Vitae with covering letter
- Video and/or screenshots of previous games
- Links to games with notes on the individual’s involvement/contribution
- Game Design Document samples
- Creative writing samples
- Toy Design Samples