We are seeking a talented Senior Artist – an enthusiastic, flexible, creative talent to complement an industry leading team in their quest to create next generation interactive games for the casino environment. You will work on both original IP and licensed content – across all aspects of a game's visual design, UI, art, animation, marketing artwork, and more. Blending artistic expertise and technical ability, you will create visually stimulating content that will enhance game playability and showcase original experiences to a wide player audience.
- Create and design symbol illustrations and 2d animations, including design layouts, logos, menus, UIs and buttons
- Support art leads and game artists in the creation of art assets for both game production and marketing materials
- Solid understanding of motion graphics, character animation, 2d particle systems, render passes, post production and compositing.
- Focus includes traditional slot games and cutting edge, multi-display video products
- Produce work across a broad range of subjects and styles - from Godzilla to CSI - from realistic art to more stylized themes….and everything in-between
- Actively participate and offer creative solutions to both art and game design challenges
- Understand game design practices, game playability and actively play all studio products (in an effort to provide feedback and help ensure a quality product)
- Participate in content delivery reviews, milestones, QA/testing, research, etc
- Work on multiple products with an ability to multitask
- Bachelors/ Associates Degree or equivalent experience.
- 4 to 7 years of professional experience in graphic design, composition and animation.
- Must have a core skill set in Photoshop, Illustrator and Aftereffects.
- Understanding of 2d animation, character animation and motion graphics production necessary.
- Demonstrate strong typography, design and layout skills.
- Understanding of trends in typography, photography, illustration, color and design.
- Unity game engine experience a big plus.
- Organized, self-directed, efficient and able to manage multiple and complex projects in a timely manner.
- Must be collaborative - with the ability to take direction and to play well with others.
- WORK / PORTFOLIO SAMPLES REQUIRED