Blizzard Entertainment is looking for an enthusiastic, positive, and experienced software engineer manager to support our game automation engineers and foster an engineering culture.
The software engineering manager's job is to monitor and manage the performance of their direct reports for the projects they are assigned. This includes assessing their capabilities, providing information to leads, monitoring assignment performance, helping to define department work standards, reviewing progress both with individuals and relevant management, motivating the team when necessary, coaching individuals, monthly conferences, setting personal improvement plans as needed, and regular performance appraisals.
- Help develop individual work standards and objectives.
- Maintain and improve motivation and commitment of all engineers.
- Monitor and review each individual's progress.
- Provide coaching (IDPs, mentoring, and one-on-ones).
- Counseling as needed (including PIPs and other corrective / disciplinary actions).
- Conduct regular performance appraisals.
- Offer guidance to department leadership about the engineering talent within the organization.
- Promote a productive culture and Blizzard’s "learn and grow" philosophy.
- Evolve development guidelines, practices, and principles for the department.
- Drive recruitment efforts.
- Experience managing software engineers as direct reports
- Exceptional accountability, follow-up, and attention to detail
- Experience forming and building new teams
- Knowledge of various project management, methodologies, and practices
- Approachable, positive, and friendly demeanor
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, able to relate to team members, and build professional relationships
- Previous technical and / or software development experience
- Passion for Blizzard Entertainment's video games
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Experience with task tracking tools such as JIRA
- ISTQB Certification