Vicarious Visions has gained critical acclaim with hit games such as Skylanders Swap Force®, Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure®, Guitar Hero®, and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2®. Our games repeatedly push technical boundaries to deliver addictive, immersive gameplay and art that brings favorite characters and worlds to life. We are also home to the pioneering Alchemy® middleware technology and tools that are used to power hit titles across Activision.
A Software Engineer has a strong foundation in OO software development for console and/or mobile platforms and the ability to provide leadership in at least one area such as gameplay, online multi-player, performance and optimization, graphics or AI. They contribute to complex design and development efforts, may be a lead or sub-lead of a team, and are expected to work in conjunction with senior staff but otherwise be largely self-directed.
Experience as a game developer is preferred but qualified candidates with proven aptitude, a passion for video games and a strong desire to learn video game development will also be considered.
Your responsibilities will include:
· Implement, debug and optimize systems in C++ and other languages.
· Design complex software systems through collaboration with other software engineers, game designers, visual artists and audio engineers.
· Lead and participate in design and code reviews.
· Assist and mentor junior engineers and coops.
· Promote group standards and best practices.
· Investigate and adopt new game technologies, practices, tools and systems.
The skills & experience we’re looking
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or relevant discipline.
· At least 3-5 years’ experience in the game industry or other relevant experience.
· Strong OO design and development in C++.
· Experience with current and next gen platforms: Xbox, PS, Wii U, iOS, Android.
· Ability to collaborate and communicate with other engineers to obtain optimal results.
· A passion for developing high quality games.
Applicants must complete a short technical test and a technical interview.