SUMMARY OF POSITION
Warner Bros. Games Inc. seeks a Software Engineer for the WBG San Francisco Platform department. As a Software Engineer at WB Games San Francisco, you will have a hands on role in implementing key platform systems and features, as well as integrating existing libraries and services.
This position requires close collaboration with all other disciplines to help develop practical solutions that will bring our platform systems to life. In this position you will have the opportunity to impact many areas of our platform, while setting and maintaining the highest possible quality bar for yourself and the rest of the team.
- Platform system / feature design & implementation / Library & Service integration.
- Performance optimization.
- Review the work of other Platform Engineers to ensure adherence to design, patterns and coding standards.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent industry experience and success.
- At least 3 years of industry experience.
- Shipped at least 1 mobile/social title, preferably on multiple platforms.
- Proficiency in Java, C++, or C#.
- Proficiency in unix/linux system administration.
- Deep knowledge of common data structures and algorithmic solutions.
- Deep knowledge of software design practices including modular architecture, event-driven architecture, and software design patterns.
- Strong practical knowledge of mobile, platforms middleware technologies, strengths and weaknesses.
- Extensive experience with mobile game network design and development patterns.
- Extensive experience working with internal and externally developed code.
- Extensive experience with self-testing to minimize and fix issues.
- Extensive experience with Web Development frameworks (e.g. jQuery) and HTML/CSS.
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD).
- Documentation / Presentation skills.
- Strong performance optimization experience.
- Strong problem solving / debugging skills.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
WB is an equal opportunity employer and will consider for employment qualified applicants consistent with the requirements of Article 49, Sections 4904-4905 and 4908-4910 of the San Francisco Police Code and all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran’s status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.