SUMMARY OF POSITION
Turbine, Inc. seeks a Software Engineer for its Needham, MA development studio to develop new products for mobile and tablet platforms. In this position, you will have a hands on role in defining and implementing key game systems and features, in collaboration with other software engineers, artists, and game designers. You will be working with a mid-size team of developers to create new products for iconic Warner Bros. intellectual properties. We are looking for candidates with a passion for games and game development.
Turbine, Inc. is a premier creator and operator of massive, persistent online worlds that foster powerful social gaming communities. Turbine is wholly owned by Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group and has created some of the world’s most popular and award-winning online games, including The Lord of the Rings Online™, Dungeons & Dragons Online®, Asheron's Call®, and our DC Comics MOBA: Infinite Crisis.Insert summary of position
- Reviews feature documentation generated by game designers and provides feedback.
- Assists in backlog item estimation and technical design from feature documentation.
- Implements approved features to technical specifications.
- Documents systems thoroughly for engineers and other developers.
- Assists in the creation of test plans by working closely with Quality Assurance.
- Debugging and performance improvement.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of game industry experience.
- Experience with Mobile development.
- Able to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical team members.
- Knowledge of common data structures and algorithmic solutions.
- Strong problem solving / debugging skills.
- Effective documentation skills.
- Experience programming in C# or Objective C.
- BONUS QUALIFICATIONS:
- Performance optimization experience.
- Unity development experience.
- Experience building multiplayer games.
- Familiarity with SQL relational databases such as Oracle or MS SQL Server.