Software Engineers, your time is now! Blizzard Entertainment is leveling up its Battle.net team in our San Francisco office, and we want to hear from experienced and enthusiastic engineers who want to join them on their quest to produce the most epic customer-facing site experiences possible. As a Battle.net engineer, you’ll be responsible for creating new (and improving existing) applications in a high-load, high-availability environment. This role focuses heavily on server-side web programming, while interfacing with our front-end design teams to create applications. The ideal candidate must be passionate about technology, the web, video games, and a desire to work in a creative, challenging, and rewarding environment.
The Battle.net team develops all our customer-facing web sites, ranging from account management and e-commerce sites, to community forums and character profiles for multiple global regions, extending, supporting, and enhancing the epic game experience and polish Blizzard is known for.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
- A minimum of 3 years’ of professional web application development
- Expert programming skills, including experience with Java, and application development for the web
- Expert analysis, troubleshooting, and debugging skills
- Expert knowledge of computer science fundamentals, including algorithms, data structures and design patterns
- Comfortable with Linux / UNIX, Apache, and Tomcat
- Solid understanding of web-related technologies (e.g. HTML / XHTML, HTTP, SOAP, REST, TCP / IP, DNS, Message Queuing)
- Experience working with modern databases and SQL
- Experience working in a team environment on multiple projects
Required Application Materials
- Experience working on Blizzard Entertainment community fan-sites
- Experience in multiple different languages, web frameworks, containers, and data stores
- Experience working in very high-load environments
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.