Amazon Game Studios is passionate about building highly creative, exciting, and innovative entertainment for avid video game players. Combining a startup atmosphere with the ambition to build cutting-edge technology, the game teams at Amazon are looking for a passionate engineer who wants to move fast, have fun, and make a big impact on the game industry.
As a graphics engineer on our rendering team, you will collaborate with our game teams to drive cutting-edge graphics on high end mobile devices.
- Be responsible for designing, developing, deploying, and maintaining advanced graphics technology.
- Help our game developers build without constraints - drive the technology enables a world-class gamer experience.
- Research rendering techniques and algorithms to keep current on advancements in the game industry.
- Collaborate with technical artists on technology used to create cutting edge graphics.
- Solve challenging problems that are often not well defined by writing a lot of performant, elegant and practical code.
- Be a champion for the user: Insist on the highest standards, and create functional and well-designed technology that delight our artists.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (or equivalent) experience.
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience, working on multi-discipline teams.
- Strong computer science fundamentals in 3D math, object-oriented design, algorithms, and data structures.
- Advanced software engineering skills, including the ability to write expert-level, maintainable, and robust code in a popular object oriented language like C#, C++, or Java.
- Great communication skills and ability to work effectively on shared projects with designers, artists, testers, and other developers.
- Expertise in shader languages.
- Strong game industry experience (5+ years) working on cross-platform games, including Android and iOS.
- Knowledge of Maya, 3DSMax, Z-Brush, Mudbox
- Strong knowledge of OpenGL
- Unity, Unreal, CryEngine or other 3D game engine development experience.
We offer excellent pay and generous stock plans, great benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k with matching, and more. Relocation is available for qualified candidates.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer.
Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.