Motorola is looking for experienced gameplay programmers to join the Spotlight Stories team on a contract basis.
Spotlight Stories is our platform for delivering high quality, interactive, animated short stories to Android devices. Our first production, Windy Day, was directed by Jan Pinkava (co-director of Pixar's Oscar-winning film Ratatouille) and rendered its characters using a real-time implementation of OpenSubDiv, Pixar's library for subdivision surface evaluation, that we optimized for OpenGLES and OpenCL. Each new story will leverage our technology to showcase the talent of leading directors, artists, and storytellers from the feature film and animation industries.
The candidate will be responsible for bringing together content and scripted interactions in a 3D environment. A good knowledge of 3D graphics is expected. The ideal candidate is comfortable using scripting languages to implement behaviors and interactions. Strong general game development experience and a familiarity with Unity3D, Maya and Photoshop is also appreciated.
- Take assets and animation and build interactive prototypes.
- Work with the creative staff to design efficient content pipelines.
- Create and explore new ideas for displaying animations.
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in game development, scripting or game-play programming
- Experience with LUA a strong plus
- Experience with a 3D layout tool (Maya, 3DS Max, Unity3D)
- Game development using Unity3D
- Content creation in Maya, and/or Photoshop
Feel free to apply directly by emailing your resume and cover letter (optional) to firstname.lastname@example.org