East Hartford, Connecticut
Enhanced / Virtual Reality, PC / Windows
VRSim (www.vrsim.net) develops real-time 3D training simulations for industrial trades, with an emphasis on writing reusable code that is reliable and robust enough to be applied in multiple products. The ideal software engineer must be able to work effectively with the development team and independently.
Enthusiasm and flexibility in working on a variety of projects is also necessary. The right candidate possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills, is able to balance requirements against implementation, and enjoys exploring technical challenges and the satisfaction of overcoming them.
- Design and develop shared system libraries for VRSIM products and tools.
- Design and develop installation and update systems for VRSIM products.
- Design and develop new features, interfaces, and mechanics for VRSIM products.
- Test and debug existing and future VRSIM products.
- Research and experiment with motion tracking technology, virtual reality headsets, and various computer hardware/peripherals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
- Expertise and professional software development with C++ and at least one other object-orientated language (Java, C#)
- Demonstrable experience in designing and developing reliable and robust systems.
- Experience with code optimization.
- Strong motivation to analyze and improve systems and infrastructure.
- Self-motivated and willing to pitch in on many areas of development.
- Willing to contribute across disciplines.
- Excellent communication skills and strong leadership experience.
- Passion for technology.
- Experience with UI/UX development.
- Agile development exposure.
- Database network experience (MySQL, PHP).
- Experience with development using modern game engines (Unity, Unreal, Torque).
- Win32 development experience.
Apply for this job
All applicant profiles are saved in the Resume Database. Privacy settings can be adjusted here.
Friends Who Might Be Interested